Who is the course for?
The aim of this unit is to develop a greater understanding change in an organisation and the effects that change may have on people and finance within the workplace.
The ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) recognises that all organisations are different; their qualifications are designed with the in-built flexibility to adapt to meet employers’ diverse staff development needs. The unique unit-based qualifications structure gives employers the freedom to select from an array of optional units, to build programmes that deliver the specific skills and knowledge required from their colleagues.
How will the course be delivered?
As classroom based sessions alongside other members of the group.
What will I study?
Topics included on the day will be:
- The benefits of change and the consequences of not changing
- The role of change in the survival and prosperity of organisations
- Concepts of creativity and innovation and their significance for organisational success and change management
- The role of communication in successful implementation of change
- Barriers to change and innovation – how to identify them and other difficulties in implementing change
- Means of overcoming barriers and difficulties including unfreezing and freezing techniques
- Methods to monitor and control progress of change against plan, including use of Gantt charts, network planning
- Change fatigue and its adverse effects
- Ways to organise and co-ordinate resources and activities to achieve planned change
- Differentiate between fixed and variable costs
- Direct and indirect aspects of change – human and financial effects upon other people, departments and organisations
Course Entry Requirements
There are no formal entry requirements but candidates will normally be either practising or aspiring first line managers with the opportunity to meet the assessment requirements. An informal discussion with the Programme Leader is recommended to ensure that the qualification meets individual needs.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee’s policy is available on request.
What will I get at the end of the course?
ILM Level 3 Award Unit – Understanding Innovation & Change in the Workplace
What can I do next?
See our other ILM courses available on our website or contact us.
How much does it cost?
The course fee is only £165.00 per delegate including trial membership of the ILM, valid for the duration of study up to the point of achievement. (see www.i-l-m.com for more details regarding the benefits of membership), Tuition, Registration, Assessment and Certification fees.
2 x Evenings:
6.00pm – 9.00pm
Wednesdays 8th & 15th January 2014
9.30am – 4.00pm
Thursday 13th February 2014
Accreditation: Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) Level 3
ILM Code: M3.02
Assessment: Written piece of work to be submitted within 1 week
To find out more…
Email The Training People at Blackburn College or call us on 01254 292500.
Blackburn College is committed to ensuring that disabled people, including those with learning difficulties, are treated fairly. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note: Our courses are delivered on site at the main campus and/or off site at one of our dedicated Business Suites