The aim of this unit is to develop a greater understanding change in an organisation and the effects that change may have on people and finance within the workplace.
The ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) recognises that all organisations are different; their qualifications are designed with the in-built flexibility to adapt to meet employers’ diverse staff development needs. The unique unit-based qualifications structure gives employers the freedom to select from an array of optional units, to build programmes that deliver the specific skills and knowledge required from their colleagues.
How will the course be delivered?
As classroom based sessions alongside other members of the group.
Topics included on the day will be:
- The importance of planning the team’s work to achieve objectives
- Techniques for deciding the most appropriate individual to undertake the activity
- The importance of making effective and efficient use of people’s knowledge and skills and how to achieve this
- Outline of the principles of human resource planning to assure continuity of output & quality
- Definitions of authority and power; responsibility and accountability
- Concepts of delegation and empowerment
- Process of delegation including barriers and support mechanisms
- Techniques to monitor outcomes of delegation
- Feedback, recognition and reward techniques
There are no formal entry requirements but candidates will normally be either practising or aspiring first line managers with the opportunity to meet the assessment requirements. An informal discussion with the Programme Leader is recommended to ensure that the qualification meets individual needs.
Written piece of work to be submitted within 1 week.
See our other ILM courses available on our website or contact us.
ILM Level 3 Award Unit – Understanding Organising & Delegating in the Workplace.
Accreditation: Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) Level 3
ILM Code: M3.21
How much does it cost?
The course fee is only £100.00 per delegate including trial membership of the ILM, valid for the duration of study up to the point of achievement. (see www.i-l-m.com for more details regarding the benefits of membership), Tuition, Registration, Assessment and Certification fees.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee’s policy is available on request.
- Wednesday 21st May 2014, 6.00pm – 9.00pm
To find out more
Email The Training People at Blackburn College or call us on 01254 292500.
Blackburn College is committed to ensuring that disabled people, including those with learning difficulties, are treated fairly. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note: Our courses are delivered on site at the main campus and/or off site at one of our dedicated Business Suites