Who is the course for?
The aim of this unit is to develop a greater understanding of the importance of effective Communication in the Workplace.
The ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) recognises that all organisations are different; their qualifications are designed with the in-built flexibility to adapt to meet employers’ diverse staff development needs. The unique unit-based qualifications structure gives employers the freedom to select from an array of optional units, to build programmes that deliver the specific skills and knowledge required from their colleagues.
How will the course be delivered?
As classroom based sessions alongside other members of the group.
What will I study?
Topics included on the day will be:
- The importance of effective communication at work and the effects of poor communication
- The stages in communication: sender -encoding – transmission – decoding – receiver
- Possible barriers to communication and methods to overcome them
- Ways to ensure effective communication in the workplace
- Different types of communication including oral, written, visual, and electronic and their relative advantages and disadvantages
- Techniques of face-to-face and indirect communication, and when each is appropriate
- How to use feedback to check effectiveness of communication
- The five human senses, and how to use them effectively in the workplace
- Active listening skills
- Focused and wide angle observation for data gathering in the workplace
- Perception and its effects on the interpretation of data
- Significance of non-verbal communication and body language
There are no formal entry requirements but candidates will normally be either practising or aspiring first line managers with the opportunity to meet the assessment requirements. An informal discussion with the Programme Leader is recommended to ensure that the qualification meets individual needs.
There is no financial support for this course. Payments can be made either online using a credit/debit card or by post via cash, card, cheque or we can invoice your Employer for the fees. Request an application pack by telephoning on 01254 292500 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Following this, you may be interested in our ILM Level 5 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership & Management
ILM Level 3 Award Unit – Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace
What can I do next?
See our other ILM courses available on our website or contact us.
How much does it cost?
The course fee is only £165.00 per delegate
(including trial membership of the ILM, valid for the duration of study up to the point of achievement. (see www.i-l-m.com for more details regarding the benefits of membership), Tuition, Registration, Assessment and Certification fees.
2 x Evenings:
6.00pm – 9.00pm
Wednesdays 21st & 28th January 2015
9.30am – 4.00pm
Thursday 29th January 2015
Also available for bespoke delivery, contact us for more information and a quotation
Accreditation: Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) Level 3
ILM Code: M3.30
Assessment: Written piece of work to be submitted within 1 week