- Course Code: CC001
- Duration: 1 year
- Validated by: National Council Further Education
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who would like a career working within Health and Social Care and with Children and Young People, this study programme will help you make your career choice.
You will gain a level 1 qualification in Health and Social Care and Children and Young People as well as developing your employability skills.
- What will I study?
This is a one year full time study programme where you will study:-
- Level 1 Diploma in an introduction to Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s settings.
- English and Maths*
During the programme you will undertake work placement in a variety of settings and many exciting enrichment activities.
*If you have not achieved a Grade C or above in your Maths and English Language GCSEs you will be required to work towards a GCSE Grade C in these subjects as part of your Study Programme.
- Entry Requirements
To study this course you must possess the following:-
- 4 GCSEs Grade E including 1 in English and 1 in Maths
- A genuine desire to work with people
- Complete a DBS (police check) during induction
- How will I be assessed?
- You will complete assignments for your vocational qualification
- A portfolio of evidence for employability.
- Visited on work placement
Vocational assignments will be completed in the classroom and at home.
You will complete exams in English and Maths
- What can I do next?
On successful completion of the study programme you may be given the opportunity to progress onto a level 2 qualification in Childhood Studies or Health and Social Care. This is subject to achieving the relevant English and Maths qualifications.
- Your Study Programme