- Course Code: HB111
- Duration: 1 year
- Validated by: City and Guilds
This Level 3 Spa and Holistic Practice course will give you the opportunity to develop beauty skills that focus on the knowledge and underlying principles and practical skills to provide a holistic approach to clients.
- What will I study?
The course will cover mandatory and optional units that will give specialist skills to progress your career options using the spa/holistic route in Beauty Therapy. Units Inlcude:
- Monitor procedures to safety control work operations
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide stone therapy treatments
- Monitor clients and the operation of sauna, steam and hydrotherapy
- Provide body wrapping and floatation treatments
- Provide Indian Head Massage
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Entry Requirements
Level 2 qualification in Beauty Therapy or other relevant industrial experience. For mature students alternative entry qualifications will be considered. FULL ATTENDANCE AT ALL TIMES IS ESSENTIAL
- How will I be assessed?
Practical assessments on models in a realistic working environment with industrial timings. Theory assessments can consist of online, paper based or assignments if appropriate to units undertaken.
- What can I do next?
You will be able to progress to a Level 4 QCF qualification, Foundation Degree, a teaching qualification or into industry if you are successful in your studies.
- Your Study Programme