- Course Code: HB008
- Duration: 1 year
- Validated by: City and Guilds
- Study Mode: Full time
This is a full time Level 2 Beauty Therapy programme that delivers a comprehensive Level 2 qualification, which is designed for budding Beauty Therapists.
- What will I study?
The course will cover mandatory generic and technical units plus optional units which you will be guided on.
Mandatory units include:
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to Health and Safety
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Provide facial skin care treatment
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes
- Carry out waxing services
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure service
- Reception duties
- Application of Make-up
- Entry Requirements
3 GCSEs at Grade C or above. For mature students alternative entry qualifications or experience will be considered. Initially you will be required to attend an information and guidance interview. You should have a good record of attendance, punctuality, good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
FULL ATTENDANCE AT ALL TIMES IS ESSENTIAL
- How will I be assessed?
Practical assessments on models in a realistic working environment with industrial timings. Theory assessments can consist of online, paper based or assignments.
- What can I do next?
You could progress onto a Level 3 Specialist Beauty Treatments course or Level 3 Specialist Nail Techniques course or into employment if you are successful in your studies.
- Your Study Programme