- Course Code: TBS210
- Duration: 1 year
- Validated by: EDEXCEL
During this Level 2 Construction course you will spend time in a joinery workshop environment developing the use of hand and machine tools and within a classroom carrying out activities to underpin the knowledge required to be successful in this industry. This qualification is aimed at those learners who have an interest in Construction but have not yet decided upon a specific path.
- What will I study?
The qualification consists of three core units and a number of specialised units: Core Units
- Structure of the construction industry
- Exploring health, safety and welfare in construction
- Sustainability in the construction industry
Specialist Units include
- Construction drawing techniques
- Construction Processes and operations
- Construction methods and techniques
- Exploring brickwork operations
- Exploring building services techniques in construction
- Entry Requirements
Two GCSES at Grade D or above, one in Mathematics.
- How will I be assessed?
Students will be continually assessed throughout the course by means of their coursework and assignments and through observation of their practical activities.
- What can I do next?
On successful completion of this course, students will have the opportunity to progress to the BTEC Extended Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment.
- Your Study Programme