Premium Graduate Initial Teacher Training
The Premium Graduate Initial Teacher Education Programme is a two year pilot initiative funded by The Education and Training Foundation which aims to attract highly skilled graduates to teach in the Further Education sector.
There are three programmes within the pilot across England. Blackburn College, Kendal College and Runshaw College are the North West collaboration. Each college within the partnership has recruited five graduates to teach across a range of subjects including Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths and English.
Through the Programme, participants receive:
- A paid internship
- funding to study a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PG Dip), both approved by the University of Central Lancashire
- mentoring and work-shadowing
- substantial teaching experience, leadership and management skills
We are currently unable to take any new applications to the Programme. It is hoped that a new Programme will be launched in early 2016 to start in September following evaluation of the three pilot programmes. No details have been confirmed as yet but if you are:
- Passionate about your subject and want to inspire others
- Committed to becoming an outstanding teacher in an outstanding organisation
- Looking to teach in a College or University
- Interested in a prestigious paid internship in order to train for free
- Able to demonstrate the potential to be an exceptional teacher or lecturer of students aged 16+
Please contact Catherine Pearson at Blackburn College at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01254 292406 for further information and/or to express your interest.