Full-time Finance Information (September 2016 entry onwards)
Eligible UK (home) and EU students will be able to borrow the full cost of their tuition fees from the government as a Tuition Fee Loan. This money is paid directly to the College on the student’s behalf, and the student only repays this loan once they have finished university and are earning over £21,000 a year. Please visit the International Fees and Finance section of the website for International Students.
Information on this page is therefore subject to change and you should make no definite plans regarding the financial support quoted.
For full-time students starting their courses from September 2016, the University Centre will charge a fee of £7,500 per annum for full-time HNC/HND, Foundation Degrees and Degree Courses. The full-time PGCE (Education & Training) fee will be £6,000. Full-time students starting a Foundation Entry degree course will be charged £3,900 in the first year of their course. In the later years of the course, fees charged will be the same as for degree courses in that year of entry.
This annual fee is subject to change.
Tuition Fee Loans
Eligible students (Home/EU) will be able to borrow the full cost of tuition from the government in the form of a Tuition Fee Loan.
Government support for living costs is available to UK (home) students in the form of a Maintenance Loan.
- For those starting studies in September 2016, up to £8,200 per annum available for students who live away from home whilst studying at University Centre at Blackburn College
- Up to £6,904 per annum is expected to be available for students who live in the family home whilst studying at University Centre at Blackburn College
The amount graduates pay each month is related to what a graduate earns and not what a graduate owes.
- Students will only be required to start paying back loans once they have graduated from (or left) university and are earning over £21,000
- For example, if you earns £25,000 per annum they will pay back £30 per month
- Loan repayments will be deducted directly from salary, normally through Pay As You Earn (PAYE)
- Any loans which remain outstanding after 30 years will be written off.
Help & Support
At University Centre at Blackburn College we can help you apply for Student Finance and discuss with you on an individual basis what funding you might be entitled to. Please contact our Student Finance team on 01254 292929 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Disclaimer: These figures apply to the entry years stated and may be subject to increases in subsequent years of your course.