Life at College
It’s really important that you enjoy your time at Blackburn College. We have developed our £65 million Student Campus so that everything you need is close by and because we are so close to Blackburn Town Centre you can be in The Mall in just five minutes where you will find great shops including H&M, TopShop and Primark.
- Great places to meet and eat!
We have lots of places to grab something to eat and drink in our student campus and 16 -18 yr olds can access a free breakfast and a great choice of £1 lunches.
- Central Cafe – run by students
- Courtyard Café serving subsidised Starbucks
- Beacon Centre Bistro serving subsidised Starbucks
- The Bakery
- The Curve serving subsidised Starbucks
- 3 Starbucks Coffee Shops
We have 3 on campus coffee shops to keep you refreshed at all times and did you know a Blackburn College Starbucks is 40% cheaper than the on the High Street.
Last year our staff and students drank an astonishing 67,500 Starbucks coffees on campus!
- Sport Facilities
Students have access to fantastic and state-of-the-art facilities including a large sports hall, fitness suite, climbing wall, dance studio and 3G football pitch. We are currently building the College’s brand new sports centre, which is due for full completion in January 2015. This exciting development will give all students the best facilities in the area for those interested in taking part in sport activities and keeping fit.
- On Campus Hair & Beauty Salons and Restaurant
As part of our great study programmes, we offer students a hands on approach to learning.
This means we have an on campus hair and beauty salons and a really great training restaurant where you can get great deals!
- Town Centre Location
As we are located in the heart of Blackburn town centre, we are only a short walk from many great places:
- £66 Million The Mall shopping centre which houses plenty of large brands including Primark, River Island, Topshop and H & M
- Minute walk to Waves Water Centre
- 5 Minute walk to King George’s Hall
- 7 Minute walk to Blackburn Art Gallery & Museum
- 5 Minute walk to Blackburn Cathedral
- 10 Minute walk to Blackburn Ice Arena
- We’re only a 6 minute drive away from Blackburn Rovers Football Club
We currently have over 70 students in our own student accommodation, if you’re looking to move out, click here to view our accommodation information.
- Chaplaincy and Prayer Rooms
Chaplaincy aims to look after the spiritual needs of all members of the College community. The Chaplaincy provides pastoral care and guidance for those who wish to develop their understanding of issues surrounding faith, spirituality and values.
The Chaplain is happy to sit, listen and offer confidential support. Also, there are three rooms on campus where students and staff can pray. The Peace Place in the Beacon Centre is the main room which welcomes everyone to share the time and space for quiet reflection, prayer and exploration. Students can also get involved in faith based activities through the Blackburn with Darwen Youth Interfaith Forum and the Muslim Academic Society.
For further details, please contact the College Chaplain; Imam Saleem Seedat via e-mail: email@example.com or phone: 01254 292585.