Parking at Blackburn College
Parking between 6.30am and 4.30pm on Mondays to Fridays
There is limited permit parking available on campus for students. These limited spaces are offered on a paid permit basis (£100 for 1 year), first come, first served and subject to criteria as set out below. Due to the very limited number of permits available, please be aware that meeting the criteria and applying does not guarantee that a permit will be issued. Alternatively, you can park on Feilden Street Multi-Storey Car Park, which is located next to campus (details on charges are available from the car park provider).
Parking in the weekday evenings (between 4.30pm and 6.30am on Mondays to Fridays)
If you are on site on a weekday evening, then the College car parks can be used on a pay and display basis. Charges Monday to Friday after 4.30pm are £1 for the University Centre Car Park and £2 for the Beacon Centre Car Park. Hourly charges apply at the weekends, as per the signage on site.
Pay and display machines are pay by card or phone only. They do not take cash.
The car parks are available for public parking in the evenings and weekends, subject to parking charges as displayed in the car park. Should you park on the College car parks and not pay you will be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN), which is something we cannot be held liable for. Any appeals need to be addressed to Euro Car Parks, as set out on any parking ticket (PCN) that is issued.
Permit Criteria and Conditions
In order to be eligible for a parking pass, the following criteria apply;
- where there is a fee for your course, your payment method is confirmed
- where you apply due to mobility issues, relevant evidence is provided e.g. a blue badge,
- that you accept the terms and conditions of a space, specifically;
- the car park should not be used, unless you receive a confirmation of a permit from email@example.com
- there is no guarantee of a space, disabled or otherwise, spaces are first come, first served
- the cost for a permit is £100 for a year and payment will need to be made before a permit is issued
- the fee is non-refundable for a part year.
- you are responsible for notifying any change of registration (the car park being monitored by ANPR) and failure to do so may result in a PCN, for which you will be responsible for paying
- if you are not in good standing with the College that we reserve the right to remove the permit and if a PCN is issued after that date you will be responsible for the fine
- vehicles should be parked in a marked bay and failure to do so may result in a PCN, for which you will be responsible for paying
- the permit is for you use of your own vehicle only, on the days in which you are due in College
- the issuing of a permit is for 1 academic year only and there is no guarantee of a permit if you continue to study at College
- use of the car park is at the owner’s risk and the College accepts no responsibility for loss or damage when it is on site
How do I apply?
Applications will be open from 31st August 2021 and will be open for a limited period of time. To apply, you will need to complete the form, with decisions communicated as quickly as is reasonably possible. Any decision will be subject to the payment of a permit fee of £100.
Permits are strictly controlled due to the limited space available on campus and are therefore allocated on a first come, first served basis. An appeal against the issuing of a permit should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, any appeal against a ticket is to be addressed as set out in the PCN to the parking management company. All decisions on Permit allocation are final.