Why Choose Blackburn College?
Blackburn College is the largest Further Education college in Pennine Lancashire and one of the largest providers of Higher Education for a college in England.
Since 1888, people from all over Lancashire and beyond have developed their skills, re-trained and moved to higher levels of study with Blackburn College's support.
- The College works with over 3,000 employers including Senator International, CAPITA Plc, Forbes Solicitors and more
- Top 10 in England for 16-18 year old Advanced Apprenticeship success*
- 100% pass rate in over 100 Technical / Vocational courses (August 2020)
- 100% A-Level pass rate in 21 subjects (August 2020)
- Over 85% of degrees awarded by UK Top 10 Lancaster University
- Higher Student Satisfaction than Universities across the UK**
- Lancashire's highest Overall Satisfaction increase***
Millions have been invested in our world-class, town-centre campus, which was developed collaboratively with employers and stakeholders to help future proof our curriculum and learn in industry-standard facilities.
We believe our Student Support Package for School Leavers (16-18 year olds) is the best in Pennine Lancashire:
- Free and Low Cost Travel Pass
- £1000 Scholarships
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-fi across the campus
- Advance Employability Programme
- Work placements
- Guaranteed progression opportunities to Blackburn University Centre
Engaging with Employers
We work closely with employers from a range of sectors to be an indispensable partner in supporting the economic landscape of Pennine Lancashire and beyond.
We deliver specialist, bespoke training as well as Apprenticeships, Traineeships and Professional Qualifications, all of which equip the workforce with job relevant skills that match the current employment market. Our University Centre also provides Higher Education to employers, including Foundation Degrees, Honours Degrees, Higher Level and Degree-Level Apprenticeships.
Our employer engagement supports employability through enhancements to curriculum development, mentoring placements, volunteering opportunities and industry specialist speakers.
The College is a founder member of HIVE – The Blackburn with Darwen Business Leaders’ Network.
HIVE has already become an integral part of the area’s Local Strategic Partnership, which brings together leading figures from the private, public and third sectors and is Blackburn and Darwen’s largest partnership body.
*Timely success. Qualification Achievement Rates 2018-19
**2020 National Student Survey (NSS)
***3% above the national benchmark. 2020 National Student Survey (NSS)
About Us News & Student Stories
Business Students to Attend Virtual Boost Events t...
Blackburn College, in partnership with Enterprise4...
Blackburn College Providing Budget Shopping Lists,...
Blackburn College Catering Manager Peter Gardner i...
Online Launch for Along the Line Rail Station Proj...
The Along the Line rail station project is set for...
Hawwa Rahman - Business Level 3 Extended Diploma
"The College was very helpful when looking for wor...