Regional Automotive Technology Hub (RATH)
The new state-of-the-art £5.5million Motor Vehicle Centre opened in August 2014. The new facility has been developed collaboratively with input from leading car manufacturers including Chorley Nissan, Blackburn Audi, Bowker BMW, Simpson Skoda and the Institute of Motor Industries. It includes the latest equipment and technology to deliver the skills the motor industry needs in the 21st Century.
Our new £5.5 million motor vehicle facilities provide students with the perfect real-life conditions to practice your skills, including:
- Real life workshop conditions including a real life MOT lane
- State of the art teaching facilities and classrooms
- Gain experience on our sustainable electric cars
- One of the largest providers of motor vehicle training in the region
- Industry trained tutors and technicians.
- Strong links with major North West dealerships
Jeremy Corbyn visits RATH
Labour Party Leader Jeremy Corbyn visited our campus on Thursday 27th October 2016, to learn how we go to great lengths to equip our students with the skills to succeed in a changing job market.
Read more about this story and watch the below video to see what our staff and students thought about his visit.