The Victoria Building was constructed to celebrate Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee, with the foundation stone laid in May 1888.
Built in a Northern Renaissance style of architecture, it features a predominantly brick construction with ornate yellow terracotta decoration. In 1984, the building became Grade II listed.
The building features a whole floor dedicated to HE Fine Art – with attic studio spaces that take advantage of the natural light present on the top floor of this 130 year old building. It is also home to FE Media Make-Up facilities and additional rehearsal spaces for Music Performance students.