Technical Catering and Hospitality courses
The catering and hospitality industry offers a range of career options in food preparation, customer care and service. At Blackburn College, we will equip you with the experience you need to succeed in this exciting industry. Whether you want to become a chef, hotel manager or caterer - we have the tutors, facilities and industry links to help you achieve your goals. A Technical course is a fantastic way of kick starting your career.
Why Blackburn College?
- Partnership with the world renowned Northcote group - known for their Michelin-star restaurant of the same name, headed by celebrity chef Nigel Haworth.
- Placement opportunities with Northcote, Yu and You, Mytton Fold, The Seafood Pub Company and many more.
- Take part in regional and national cooking competition such as the Great British Chef.
- Purpose-built catering facilities designed to mimic real world restaurant kitchens.
- On-site commercial restaurant Scholars allows you to serve your creations to College staff, students and the general public.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Head Chef
- Chef De Partie
- Commis Chef
- Pastry Chef
- Catering Manager
- Event Manager
- Front of House
- Hotel Manager
- Bar Staff
Aged 16-18 Recent News & Student Stories
Megan Ainsworth - Auto Electrical Specialist Level 2
In the future, I plan on getting a job either in a...
Grace Bradford - Level 3 Extended Diploma Business and Law and A-Level Art
Grace Bradford talks about studying Level 3 Extend...
Michaela Kennedy - Level 3 Interactive Software and Media Diploma
Michaela Kennedy talks about studying Level 3 Inte...
Declan Walsh - Level 3 Public Services (Uniformed or Non-Uniformed)
Declan Walsh talks about studying Level 3 Public S...
Stars shine brightly at Blackburn College's FE Star Awards
Celebrating another year of student success and ac...