Technical Catering and Hospitality courses
The catering and hospitality industry offers a range of career options in food preparation, customer care and service. At Blackburn College, we will equip you with the experience you need to succeed in this exciting industry. Whether you want to become a chef, hotel manager or caterer - we have the tutors, facilities and industry links to help you achieve your goals. A Technical course is a fantastic way of kick starting your career.
Why Blackburn College?
- Partnership with the world renowned Northcote group - known for their Michelin-star restaurant of the same name, headed by celebrity chef Nigel Haworth.
- Placement opportunities with Northcote, Yu and You, Mytton Fold, The Seafood Pub Company and many more.
- Take part in regional and national cooking competition such as the Great British Chef.
- Purpose-built catering facilities designed to mimic real world restaurant kitchens.
- On-site commercial restaurant Scholars allows you to serve your creations to College staff, students and the general public.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Head Chef
- Chef De Partie
- Commis Chef
- Pastry Chef
- Catering Manager
- Event Manager
- Front of House
- Hotel Manager
- Bar Staff
Aged 16-18 News & Student Stories
Goe Chaiprasit Thopsi - Textiles, Fashion and Desi...
Goe Chaiprasit Thopsi talks about completing his T...
Thierry Balshaw - Creative Media Production (UAL) ...
Thierry Balshaw talks about completing his Creativ...