Technical Childhood Studies courses
If you want to play a vital role in developing the nation’s young people, then a Technical BTEC course in Childcare is for you. Work with, or for the benefit of children, by studying the issues affecting them, including health, play, social influences and rights.
Why Blackburn College?
- 750 hours of guaranteed work experience at nurseries, schools, children centres, disability units and pupil referral units.
- Get involved with the Forest School experience - a pioneering outdoor education programme in which children visit forests and learn personal, social and technical skills away from the classroom.
- Strong industry links with Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council and East Lancashire Hospitals Trust (NHS).
- Purpose-built Childcare facilities located in our Beacon Centre.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Child Minding
- Family Support Worker
- Hospital Play Worker
- Nursery Manager
- Child Psychologist
- Residential Care
- Social Worker
- Special Needs Support Assistant
- Teaching Assistant
- Youth Worker