Technical Childhood Studies courses
If you want to play a vital role in developing the nation’s young people, then a Technical BTEC course in Childcare is for you. Work with, or for the benefit of children, by studying the issues affecting them, including health, play, social influences and rights.
Why Blackburn College?
- 750 hours of guaranteed work experience at nurseries, schools, children centres, disability units and pupil referral units.
- Opportunity to gain an additional qualification in paediatric first aid.
- Get involved with the Forest School experience - a type of outdoor education in which children visit forests and learn personal, social and technical skills.
- Brilliant industry links with Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council and East Lancashire Hospitals Trust (NHS).
- Purpose-built Childcare facilities located in our £18.3 million Beacon Centre.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Child Minding
- Family Support Worker
- Hospital Play Worker
- Nursery Manager
- Child Psychologist
- Residential Care
- Social Worker
- Special Needs Support Assistant
- Teaching Assistant
- Youth Worker
Aged 16-18 Recent News & Student Stories
Megan Ainsworth - Auto Electrical Specialist Level 2
In the future, I plan on getting a job either in a...
Grace Bradford - Level 3 Extended Diploma Business and Law and A-Level Art
Grace Bradford talks about studying Level 3 Extend...
Michaela Kennedy - Level 3 Interactive Software and Media Diploma
Michaela Kennedy talks about studying Level 3 Inte...
Declan Walsh - Level 3 Public Services (Uniformed or Non-Uniformed)
Declan Walsh talks about studying Level 3 Public S...
Stars shine brightly at Blackburn College's FE Star Awards
Celebrating another year of student success and ac...