Technical Construction courses
Due to high demand for qualified professionals in a variation of construction disciplines, our construction & engineering centres hold workshops and classrooms for brickwork, plumbing, carpentry, joinery, fitted interiors and a range of engineering & electrical courses. Our industry trained tutors, real life working conditions and the range of industry employers we work with, all offer you the tools you need to succeed in this growing industry. A Technical BTEC course in Construction is the perfect first step to a successful career.
Why Blackburn College?
- Long standing partnerships with Howdens Joinery and Festool.
- Professional training opportunities with Team UK World Skills in plumbing, brickwork, joinery, bench, electrical and aviation.
- Work experience opportunities with Carefoot Construction and other industry links.
- Volunteering opportunities at allotments with Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council.
- Dedicated Construction Centre features everything you need to master your trade - including purpose-built workshops.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- CAD technician
- Building services estimator
- Quantity surveyor
- Building surveyor
- Heating engineer
Aged 16-18 Recent News & Student Stories
Megan Ainsworth - Auto Electrical Specialist Level 2
In the future, I plan on getting a job either in a...
Grace Bradford - Level 3 Extended Diploma Business and Law and A-Level Art
Grace Bradford talks about studying Level 3 Extend...
Michaela Kennedy - Level 3 Interactive Software and Media Diploma
Michaela Kennedy talks about studying Level 3 Inte...
Declan Walsh - Level 3 Public Services (Uniformed or Non-Uniformed)
Declan Walsh talks about studying Level 3 Public S...
Stars shine brightly at Blackburn College's FE Star Awards
Celebrating another year of student success and ac...