Technical Engineering courses
From Electrical and Mechanical to Civil and Environmental - there are many different types of Engineering. Start your journey to a lucrative career in this exciting job sector with a Technical BTEC course at Blackburn College and gain the real world knowledge and practical skills needed to succeed.
Why Blackburn College?
- Work experience with professional engineering and manufacturing organisations.
- Excellent progression opportunities to some of the best universities and employers in the country.
- Experienced tutors who have worked in industry.
- Regular visits and career guidance from big engineering firms such as BAE Systems and National Grid.
- Study in £7m Futures Centre, complete with environmental technology workshops, plant room, mock eco-bungalow, electronics lab and electrical installation workshops.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Aeronautical engineer
- Engineering consultancy
- Process control
- Computer aided design
- Quantity surveyor
- Electrical engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Project management
- Heating engineer
Aged 16-18 Recent News & Student Stories
Megan Ainsworth - Auto Electrical Specialist Level 2
In the future, I plan on getting a job either in a...
Grace Bradford - Level 3 Extended Diploma Business and Law and A-Level Art
Grace Bradford talks about studying Level 3 Extend...
Michaela Kennedy - Level 3 Interactive Software and Media Diploma
Michaela Kennedy talks about studying Level 3 Inte...
Declan Walsh - Level 3 Public Services (Uniformed or Non-Uniformed)
Declan Walsh talks about studying Level 3 Public S...
Stars shine brightly at Blackburn College's FE Star Awards
Celebrating another year of student success and ac...