Technical Health and Social Care courses
With the NHS employing 1.7 million people, the career prospects for students in this sector are always bright. Regardless of your previous qualifications, we offer a range of specialist Health and Social Care Vocational BTEC courses. You will also have the opportunity to carry out regular work placements to enhance your practical skills and experience.
Why Blackburn College?
- Winner of Nurse Cadet of the Year for two years running for both Lancashire and Cumbria.
- Excellent industry links including East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust and EachStep Blackburn.
- Opportunity for over 800 hours work placement at a relevant healthcare organisation.
- Outstanding social care links with Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, Lancashire County Council and Blackburn Youth Zone.
- Taught in our state-of-the-art £18.3m Beacon Centre by highly our qualified, passionate teaching staff.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Care Worker
- Family Support Worker
- Heath Care Assistant
- Home Carer
- Nursing Midwifery
- Paramedic/Ambulance Staff
- Probation Work
- Social Work
- Youth Work
Aged 16-18 Recent News & Student Stories
Megan Ainsworth - Auto Electrical Specialist Level 2
In the future, I plan on getting a job either in a...
Grace Bradford - Level 3 Extended Diploma Business and Law and A-Level Art
Grace Bradford talks about studying Level 3 Extend...
Michaela Kennedy - Level 3 Interactive Software and Media Diploma
Michaela Kennedy talks about studying Level 3 Inte...
Declan Walsh - Level 3 Public Services (Uniformed or Non-Uniformed)
Declan Walsh talks about studying Level 3 Public S...
Stars shine brightly at Blackburn College's FE Star Awards
Celebrating another year of student success and ac...