Technical Science courses
A Technical BTEC course in Applied Science is for those students who want to work in the lucrative science industries. We provide our students with the opportunity to study Biology, Chemistry and Physics, in an exciting and practical way. Our professional scientific laboratories are the perfect proving ground for those looking to succeed in this remarkable career sector.
Achieving D*D*D* (Triple Distinction Star) in the Applied Science Level 3 Extended Diploma is equivalent to 3 x A*s at A-Level and is worth the same amount of UCAS points (168). This makes the Level 3 Extended Diploma a brilliant alternative to A-Levels if you want to progress to a top university.
Why Blackburn College?
- Study Biology, Chemistry and Physics together, as part of a combined study programme.
- Enjoy guest speakers from the world of maths, astrophysics, cosmology and quantum physics as well as speakers such as scientific researchers, nurses, doctors and forensic scientists.
- Take advantage of work placements and shadowing opportunities with the NHS and other science providers to improve your university application.
- Purpose built scientific laboratories with everything you need to succeed.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Anatomical & Physiological Sciences
- Biomedical Science
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Forensic Science & Anthropology
- Healthcare Science
- Medical Product Design
- Physiology & Pharmacology