Technical Science courses
A Technical BTEC course in Applied Science is for those students who want to work in the lucrative science industries. We provide our students with the opportunity to study Biology, Chemistry and Physics, in an exciting and practical way. Our professional scientific laboratories are the perfect proving ground for those looking to succeed in this remarkable career sector.
Achieving D*D*D* (Triple Distinction Star) in the Applied Science Level 3 Extended Diploma is equivalent to 3x A*s at A-Level and is worth the same amount of UCAS points (168). This makes the Level 3 Extended Diploma a brilliant alternative to A-Levels if you want to progress to a top university.
Why Blackburn College?
- Study Biology, Chemistry and Physics together, as part of a combined study programme.
- Exciting trips abroad to places such as Cuba for the Operation Wallacea Expedition.
- Special guest speakers and events in Maths, Astrophysics, Cosmology and Quantum Physics.
- Work experience and shadowing opportunities in a variety of NHS organisations.
- State-of-the-art scientific laboratories with everything you need to succeed in this lucrative career sector.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Anatomical & Physiological Sciences
- Biomedical Science
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Forensic Science & Anthropology
- Healthcare Science
- Medical Product Design
- Physiology & Pharmacology
Aged 16-18 News & Student Stories
Goe Chaiprasit Thopsi - Textiles, Fashion and Desi...
Goe Chaiprasit Thopsi talks about completing his T...
Thierry Balshaw - Creative Media Production (UAL) ...
Thierry Balshaw talks about completing his Creativ...
Rachel Holt - Textiles, Fashion and Design (UAL) L...
Rachel Holt talks about completing her Textiles, F...
High Demand for Digital Courses at Blackburn Colle...
Digital courses at Blackburn College are in high d...
Megan Ainsworth - Auto Electrical Specialist Level...
In the future, I plan on getting a job either in a...