Technical Sport courses
Make a real different to peoples' lives with a career in Sport. Career opportunities are vast and provide you with the choice from being involved in improving the physical and mental ability of athletes to improving the nation's health and activity levels. Studying Sport is very rewarding as you can make a positive impact, whether you want to work as a PE teacher, Sports Coach or a fitness instructor helping people to be healthy - our Technical BTEC courses are designed to help you succeed in your career.
Why Blackburn College?
- Join one of our Sport Academies in Football, Basketball, Cricket and Netball.
- Take part in work placements with a physiotherapist, school or other coaching environment.
- Study in our Sport and Leisure Centre - complete with 25m swimming pool, 80 station fitness suite and two large sports halls. Plus access to full-body MOTs and rehabilitation suite.
- Taught by industry trained professionals who are passionate about Sport.
- Fantastic progression opportunities to both universities and employers.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Sports therapy
- Swimming instructor
- Personal trainer
- Sports coach
- Sports journalism
- Gym instructor
- Activities organiser
- Health promoter