Technical Sport courses
Make a real different to peoples' lives with a career in Sport. Studying Sport can be very rewarding and can help you make a positive impact in your community. Whether you want to work as a fitness instructor helping people to be healthy or as a football or rugby coach - our Technical BTEC courses are designed to help you succeed on your journey.
Why Blackburn College?
- Professional Sport Academies in Football, Basketball, Cricket, Table Tennis, Badminton, Swimming and Netball.
- Partnerships with nationally recognised clubs, sports coaches, and physiotherapy professionals.
- Membership to our £13.5 million Sport and Leisure Centre - complete with 25m swimming pool, 80 station fitness suite and two large sports halls.
- Taught by industry trained professionals who are passionate about Sport.
- Fantastic progression opportunities to both universities and employers.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Sports therapy
- Swimming instructor
- Personal trainer
- Sports coach
- Sports journalism
- Gym instructor
- Activities organiser
- Health promoter
Aged 16-18 Recent News & Student Stories
Megan Ainsworth - Auto Electrical Specialist Level 2
In the future, I plan on getting a job either in a...
Grace Bradford - Level 3 Extended Diploma Business and Law and A-Level Art
Grace Bradford talks about studying Level 3 Extend...
Michaela Kennedy - Level 3 Interactive Software and Media Diploma
Michaela Kennedy talks about studying Level 3 Inte...
Declan Walsh - Level 3 Public Services (Uniformed or Non-Uniformed)
Declan Walsh talks about studying Level 3 Public S...
Stars shine brightly at Blackburn College's FE Star Awards
Celebrating another year of student success and ac...