B-509 Business Administration Apprenticeship at Kaman UK in Darwen
- Job Description
The company are looking train and develop a Business Administration apprentice to perform general administration duties and provide ad-hoc support
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Monitor & answer inbound calls and directing to correct person/department.
- Welcoming visitors at India Mill, introducing them through the internal booking system and directing them to relevant departments.
- Regular monitoring of internal voicemail inbox and processing messages to relevant department(s).
- Processing of inbound and outbound Company mail.
General Administration Duties
- General administrative duties to support the HR department, including filing, scanning and database maintenance.
- Scanning and photocopying documents to support administrative tasks for various departments.
- Supporting with travel booking arrangements and overnight accommodation.
- Producing various reports including expense reports as required by Company management team.
- Assisting in the production of the Company monthly newsletter and other ad-hoc communication streams.
- Event management / co-ordination assistance e.g. annual Christmas party, charity events etc.
- Replenishment of office/kitchen supplies as and when required by the Company.
- Co-ordination of valeting service on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for the maintenance of Company car parking permit system.
- Support with the room booking system, ensuring that bookings are provided with refreshments as required and appropriate equipment is set up (flipcharts etc.).
- Booking of lunches for business meetings and training as needed.
- Person Specification
• Effective and flexible approach in communications styles (verbal, email etc.)
• Good Telephone Manner.
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications (word, excel etc.)
• Good organisational skills.
• Team working skills
• Good time Management
• Being able to work confidentially at all times.
• Produce accurate and high quality work whilst effectively meeting deadlines as and when required by the business.
• Experience working within an office environment desirable
• Experience in HR department or personnel related tasks desirable
• Experience of greeting customers/clients/visitors both in person and verbally.
Personal Qualities Required
- Keen to develop a career in Business Administration
- Willingness to learn
- Punctual & Reliable
- Honest & Hardworking
- Friendly and approachable
- Can do attitude, and willingness to support other colleagues and departments.
- Good attention to detail
- Ablility to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work confidentially and with business sensitive information
- Ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining high standards of work
- Ability to prioritise workload
GCSE’s at Grades A-C in Maths and English language essential. GCSE ICT A-C desirable. Candidates will be required to undertake initial assessment at Blackburn College.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
12- 15 months
Training to be Provided
OCR Level 2 Combined Qualification in Business and Administration
Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required
The Apprenticeship Team
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!