B-530 Receptionist/Business Administration Apprentice at Oakenhurst Medical Practice in Blackburn
- Job Description
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Reception Manager
- To meet and greet patients, and visitors to the Practice in a friendly courteous manor.
- Direct patients to the appropriate health professional.
- Make appointments for patients
- Register patients using the practice protocols for registration.
- Attend appropriate Practice meetings/training.
- Operate repeat prescription system as directed.
- Ensure all equipment and supplies for procedures are in Doctors surgeries before the session begins.
- Understand the usage of the practice email and intranet system.
- Keep the Practice message book, etc. up to date.
- Pass all incoming cash to the Patient Services Manager. Ensure all incoming cash is logged.
- Cover for colleagues during sickness and holidays.
- Scanning of hospital letters and results on to patients records.
- Comply with all in house and statutory Health & Safety procedures.
- Any duty that may be properly deemed by the Reception Manager/Practice Manager or doctors to be part of the role of receptionist.
It is the policy of the Practice that staff cannot be patients of the Practice.
It is important that all members of staff are prepared to take on additional duties or relinquish existing duties in order to maintain efficient running of the practice. The Patient Services Manager/Business Manager reserve the right to re-distribute duties and functions amongst members of staff from time to time and requests for such changes shall not be reasonably refused.
Confidentiality must be maintained at all times. On no account must confidential information be divulged to patients or patient’s relatives without the consent of a Doctor.
- Person Specification
Keyboard and computer skills.
Personable, empathetic, organized, trustworthy willing to learn
Educated to GCSE level with English Language and Maths grade A* – C or equivalent.
This is wholly dependent on the apprentice but the thoughts of the practice are to employ on a permanent basis after the successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
- Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!