B-600 L3 AAT Accounting Apprentice at Darwen Terracotta LTD based in Blackburn
- Job Description
This is a trainee role, therefore no previous experience required. However the ideal candidate will have a keen interest in finance and are keen to develop a career in accountancy. The role gives exposure to accounting processes which will aid working towards an AAT qualification via the apprentice scheme.
Duties will include;
Assist the financial controller
Process purchase and sales invoices
Process bank payments and bank receipts
Process purchase orders - bank reconcilliations
Assist in credit control
Assist with month end tasks
General admin and reception duties
- Person Specification
- Excellent time management skills, adaptablitlity, flexible and be highly organised.
- Quick and enthusiastic attitude to learning and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong numerical skills
- High attention to detail
- Able to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Progress within a career in accountancy
- Seeking 1st step in accountancy
- Trustworthy and hardworking
- Drive and passion to become an accountant
- Excellent communicator
- Well organised with excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritise and work on own initiative
- Team player with high degree of flexibility
- Excellent attention to detail
- 5 x GCSEs (including English & Maths) Grades (A-C)
Further progression to Level 4 AAT
Growing business with good prospects for the right candidate
Things to Consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
18 - 24 months
Training to be Provided
Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 Accountancy – Level 3 Diploma in Accounting, Functional Skills Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT if required
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!