CH-176 Childcare Apprentice with Piper's Day Nursery in Chorley
- Job Description
Contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children in your care in conjunction with other team members.
- To become familiar with Ellanday Nurseries Ltd.’s aims and objectives, nursery policies and procedures, current curriculum’s for the under-fives and Ofsted requirements.
- To support staff in ensuring that the children are provided with the highest standards of care and education which meet the needs of individual children.
- To make observations to inform your training assignments.
- To work with other members of staff in assessing, recording and reporting the development of children within the group, according to nursery polices.
- To implement daily routines in accordance with the nursery policies.
- To take opportunities to talk to parents within the group giving clear and accurate information about the nursery and reporting any accounts of conversations to members of staff.
- Where appropriate, inform parents of their children’s activities and development and listen to parents suggestions.
- To ensure that entries in medicine, accident and first aid records are supervised by a senior member of staff.
- To maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive information.
- To keep your Room leader informed of your training progress and giving the dates and times when you will need time for training courses.
- To attend training courses and meetings outside nursery hours.
- To be involved in the domestic chores within the room and to inform the group leader of any safety or hygiene deficiencies.
Specific childcare tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child’s stage of development.
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- To provide comfort and warmth to a child in distress.
- Person Specification
Friendly and approachable
Flexible and able to use own initiative
Can manage workload effectively
Passionate about Early years
Entry 3 maths and English initial assessment results for Level 2
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
L2 – 15months L3 – 18months
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Children and Young People’s Workforce
Employment Rights & Responsibilities
This position could lead to a full time role
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!