CH-179 Early Years Apprentice at Brookside Nursery and Out of School Club in Clitheroe
- Job Description
The ideal candidate must be passionate and enthusiastic about child care and committed to delivering exceptional care to children, professional and committed to helping make a difference to the lives of children.
Main duties include:
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
- Providing comprehensive care for the children.
- Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
- Administering first aid when necessary once paediatric first aid qualified.
- Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities.
- Helping with administration, if required.
- Encouraging parental involvement.
- Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, schools and childcare and play related agencies.
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
- Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure.
- Working within the framework of Nursery’s and Care Club’s policies & procedures.
- Experience of working with children, within the ages of 2 – 11 years old
- Understanding the varied needs of children and their families
- Understanding the issues involved in the delivery of quality education and play care
- Understanding the issues of child protection and safeguarding, equal opportunities and confidentiality
- Provide and facilitate safe and creative play
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Sound judgement and common sense
- Experience of working within an Early years setting
- Experience of administration
- Competent in using IT to support play and administration
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Relevant qualification or willingness to work towards this
- Appropriate child protection/safeguarding training
- Current Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Person Specification
- Friendly and approachable
- Flexible and able to use own initiative
- Can manage workload effectively
- Able to use own initiative
Subject to Blackburn College initial assessment results or GCSE’s C in Maths and English.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
L3 – 18months
Training to be Provided
- Level 3 Children and young People's Workforce
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
- Functional Skills
This position could lead to a full time role
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!