CH-187 Early Years Nursery Nurse Apprentice based at QEGS Nursery School in Blackburn
- Job Description
Brief overview of the role
Located in Queen Elizabeth's Nursery School the Nursery Nurse apprentice will work alongside our team of highly motivated and professional staff. Assisting in the daily care and education of children age 3 months to 4 years.
The successful applicant will be working alongside our staff and show forward thinking and enthusiasm for the role. The apprentice will learn about the EYFS, contribute to learning journals and demonstrate excellent interaction with children.
Duties will include;
- Work (under supervision) with children in the Setting, to provide all aspects of care and supporting learning opportunities, which may include washing, changing and feeding
- Undertake training to obtain recognised qualifications, including completing assignments on time, and attending all College sessions/ tutorials (if applicable);
- Uphold standards within the Setting by adhering to all policies and procedures;
- Strive to safeguard children by working to the organisation’s safeguarding Code of Conduct;
- Assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children;
- Provide adult interaction with children in the Setting;
- Know and implement the Setting’s confidentiality policy.
- Person Specification
Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment
Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the highest standards of care are provided
Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
Good organizational and planning skills
Able to work in small teams
A commitment to safeguarding children at all times
Grade B or above in Maths and English
(Predicted grades will be looked at for Year 11 students)
Things to consider
Working hours can be subject to change and can include working a ten-hour day for 4 days
Occasional weekend work
After work meetings
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
L2 – 15months
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Children and Young People’s Workforce
Employment Rights & Responsibilities
Dependant on a successful apprenticeship, a job is a possibility at the end of the course
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!