CH-198 L2 Apprentice Care Assistant at Mill Lodge Residential Care Home based in Great Harwood
- Job Description
We have two apprentice vacancies within the organisation to care for elderly, vulnerable people with dementia. Care work is very demanding yet very satisfying. If you want to learn and grow in the care sector; come and join our workforce.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To support the nursing staff and care assistants in the following areas:
- To provide a high standard of individualised care to each resident. Assist residents with all aspects of personal care, including washing, dressing, undressing, bathing, toileting, mobilising and feeding as required, whilst promoting independence at all times.
- To ensure that you have an awareness of the care plans for each resident and that all care is given in accordance with these.
- To assist in encouraging residents to participate in social events and activities.
- To assist at mealtimes by serving meals and ensuring that the residents are consuming adequate and proper diets. Reporting to the nurse on duty any problems in this area.
- Help to maintain high standards of hygiene where it directly involves the residents, their belongings and any equipment.
- To participate in meetings with residents and staff, thus helping to maintain satisfactory relationships and communications.
- Assist the nurse on duty by carrying out designated tasks promptly and efficiently.
- To be acquainted with the homes policies and procedures especially the ones that directly affect you, e.g. grievance, disciplinary and sickness procedures.
- To treat with utmost confidentiality details of residents, colleagues and the home.
- To assist in the promotion of the home, and help to raise the profile of the home with other health care professionals and the general public.
The candidate will be expected to work within the home to care for clients to include undertaking personal care, feeding, bathing etc.
The candidate will be expected to work under the supervision of senior care assistant.
The candidate will be expected to work under pressure, be able to prioritise work load, work within a team and on their own.
Candidates will be responsible and accountable for their own actions.
The ideal candidate will also be expected to accomplish various trainings and be under constant supervision.
Candidate has to be willing to undertake various other mandatory training to be eligible to work in the care setting. Mill Lodge will be providing the training, which include workbook based, face to face, and online training. This will be followed by supervisions and appraisals. You may be asked to attend training in various locations.
- Person Specification
Basic English and Maths is essential; candidate will be expected to be able to read and write accordingly.
Candidate will also need to be attentive to elderly vulnerable people’s need.
A caring nature is desired.
Non-specific, however basic English is sufficient
The work is over 24 hrs therefore includes weekend and night work and bank holidays.
Applicant must be willing to have continuous training. Candidate will also be required to undertake a DBS disclosure; which the candidate will fund.
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
Ideal candidate will have a chance to progress in health care within the organisation as a Senior Care Assistant; with a growth in salary.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Adult Care Worker qualification
Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
Possible full time employment
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!