H-131 Catering and Hospitality Apprentice at Blackburn Youth Zone in Blackburn
- Job Description
To work in a busy youth centre canteen, helping with the day to day running of the canteen.
You will be using kitchen equipment, serving young people and keeping to food hygiene standards. Working as part of a team to carry out routine tasks in the catering and hospitality operation within the Blackburn Youth Zone.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop, maintain and review the Catering offer so that BYZ is offering a diverse
range of healthy food options.
2. Safely and appropriately use cooking equipment in the kitchen as well as using the
3. Cooking & Serving food and drinks, giving customers an excellent service.
4. To keep the kitchen clean and tidy.
5. Turn up to work on time and follow procedures for opening and closing the canteen.
6. Assist with the setting up of events and meetings taking place at BYZ.
7. To work in a safe way and keep to Health and Safety rules.
8. To work within the policies of the BYZ.
9. To attend any training needed as an apprentice.
10. The role holder will be expected to carry out any other relevant duties as determined
by the line manager as may reasonably be required.
11. Available to work evenings and weekends and during school holidays.
- Person Specification
Able to communicate effectively and sensitively with children and young people and other key stakeholders
The ability to work effectively with others as a competent team member
Experience of working in a Catering/Hospitality environment
Ability to adhere to and maintain professional boundaries when dealing with young people
A self-starter, with the ability to drive efficiencies through fresh thinking
Time keeping/time management skills
Knowledge of the Catering and Hospitality sector
Enthusiasm, good work ethic and attitude, willingness to learn, reliable, honest, a genuine desire to work in Catering/Conference environment, committed, a genuine passion for making a difference to the lives of children & young people through healthy living activities.
5 GCSE's or equivalent desirable however applicants must undertake an initial assessment at the college.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Intermediate Apprenticeship – Level 2 Professional Cookery
Minimum of 12 months, maximum of 15 months
Training to be Provided
All aspects of NVQ Level 2 Professional Cookery or Level 2 Food Production and Cooking.
Will be trained in the workplace with one day release at college.
To develop and grow with this company, could lead to pay increase and promotion.
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!