H-149 Front of House Apprentice at Northcote Group, Various Locations
- Job Description
We have started our search for the stars of the future.
Candidates lucky enough to win a place on the scheme gain practical hands-on experience whilst working towards NVQ levels 2 - 3. You will train and work in a thriving business that will help launch your career alongside a team of highly talented, hard-working professionals.
You will receive thorough training throughout your Apprenticeship with us which including:
- A full induction including company History and Ethos, policies and procedures and statutory training
- Skills Training including our operational service standards, customer service, project work and more
- Further on the job skills that are required for the position chosen by you
- Stagier to help broaden your knowledge and give you experience working in a different environment, learning different styles and techniques within Front of House.
Theory study is built in so you can take a blended approach to your learning on either a two / three year programme, dependent on entry level. Performance is monitored continuously with monthly detailed reports on your development. You will also have on the job assessments and observations with your Tutor towards your qualification.
You will be provided with full uniform.
We have several locations that the Apprenticeship scheme will be available at across the group, these include:
Northcote - Langho
The Three Fishes – Mitton, Near Whalley
The Clog and Billycock - Pleasington
The Nag’s Head, Houghton - Cheshire
The Bull at Broughton - Skipton
The Highwayman – Kirkby Lonsdale
Northcote at the Rovers – Blackburn
Café Northcote – Blackburn
Please specify which location you are applying for by emailing the Apprenticeship Team at email@example.com
- Person Specification
Numeracy - accurate, quick-thinker, methodical
IT/computer literacy - office skills, keyboard skills, software packages
Passion for food and hospitality
Proactive - resourceful, driven, self-reliant
Willingness to learn - inquisitive, motivated, enthusiastic
Team working - supportive, organised, friendly, diplomatic
Commitment - dedicated, trustworthy, conscientious
Flexibility - versatile, willing, multi-skilled
Attention to detail
Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualifications preferred but must undertake an initial assessment at the college as part of the application process.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
- Intermediate Apprenticeship – Level 2 Front of House.
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required.
- Work based college theory for completion of NVQ stages 2-3 (specially developed courses for the Northcote Apprentices)
- Continual comprehensive and monitored in-house training
- Supplier activities and Masterclasses.
Many who have joined the Northcote Apprentice Scheme have soon found themselves travelling to Portugal, learning the art of chocolate making at a Chocolatier, or getting caught up in the frenzy of new launches as Ribble Valley Inns rapidly goes from strength to strength. It’s hard work. But it is also very rewarding. The level of commitment required in terms of time, study and sheer application is high but those who complete the scheme with flying colours can look forward to working with one of the most successful businesses of its type.
Things to consider
Working in the hospitality industry will undoubtedly involve hard work and long hours however, job progression and remuneration are good with much reward and satisfaction to be gained in this varied industry. It is certainly not a 9-5 job, Monday to Friday.
The Apprenticeship Team
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!