Ref. 099 Level 2 Sewing Apprentice at Redwood Group Holding Ltd based in Skelmersdale
- Job Description
As specialist fabric manufacturers, we take great pride in our products and services. Through constant development and innovation we can provide clients with ever improving products and service. Using cutting edge technology and a dedicated British support and sales service, we are committed to exceeding client expectations. We also work towards international and national legislation requirements which help us continually improve performance and ensure that we meet all our customer’s specifications. By combining our manufacturing expertise and the sourcing of only the best materials, we can guarantee the quality and excellence of our high performance textiles and products.
Do you have a talent and interest in Sewing & Textiles and have a keen eye for detail? This is an exciting opportunity to join a large, well-established company as an Sewing Machinist Apprentice.
Duties will include;
As the sewing apprentice the duties will include the following;
- Organisation and maintenance of an efficient workstation
- Operating specialist industrial sewing machines
- Adhering to health and safety rules and regulations
- Working with a variety of materials, threads and trimmings
- Using a variety of sewing production techniques and methods
- Producing sewn items that meet quality standards, targets and deadlines
- Interpreting and following instruction and technical specifications
- Monitoring and maintaining the work flow
- Routine machine maintenance
- Person Specification
- A keen eye for detail
- Some familiarity with sewing/domestic machines
- Good communication
Things to Consider
This vacancy is based in Skelmersdale / Post code WN8 9PL - Please ensure you can travel to this location before applying.
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled, we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
- An open and friendly personality that works well in a team
- Self-motivation and pride in their work
- Must be able to learn new skills quickly
- Adaptable to new situations and new ways of working
No specific qualifications required, however the appointment will be subject to applicants passing an initial assessment and sewing test through Blackburn College.
- Other Information
Level 2 – 12 months
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Sewing standard
Potential progression within the business/qualification
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!