Ref. 104 - Contracts Administrator Apprentice at Energy Assets based in Darwen
- Job Description
Energy Assets is one of the UK’s leading and fastest growing independent metering business, helping Britain’s private and public sectors to improve their energy efficiency through groundbreaking technologies, real-time data and innovative customer-focused processes.
As an accredited meter asset manager, meter operator and data collector/aggregator, we work alongside major energy suppliers and partner with some of the country’s biggest brands and best-known public sector organisations.
They look to us for advanced metering services, data supply and analytics and utility network services to help them optimise their gas, water and electricity consumption.
As a part of the Operations Planning function, the Contracts Administrator plays a critical part in ensuring the effectiveness of our gas and power Engineers which helps deliver a high quality and efficient service to our customers.
The Contracts Administrator’s primary responsibility is to make outbound calls to customers to arrange convenient times for Engineers to carry out the required work. This involves being the first point of contact, updating internal IT systems, and ensuring the scheduling of activity within Engineers diaries makes the best use of their time, and minimises travel between jobs. Effective communication with Engineers and Technical Support Managers is required, as is the ability to work independently and as part of the wider Planning Team in achieving operational targets.
Duties will include, but are not limited to;
1. As the main point of contact for internal and external customers, ensure their needs are met efficiently and effectively, in line with Contractual obligations, Service Level Agreements and operational targets.
2. Use designated IT systems, to schedule appointments and update progress, ensuring the quality of information is uploaded in the right way and at the right time.
3. Manage time to ensure individual and team targets are achieved, whilst ensuring effective customer service.
4. Maintain excellent communication with management, reporting progress and updates, and escalating disputes and queries as appropriate.
5. Ensure an understanding of related functions and processes including Validation, Key Accounts and Utilities.
6. Record interactions and actions required and achieved through daily, weekly, monthly updates and reports.
7. Implement changes in business process with no adverse impact on customer service, to ensure the effective operation of Energy Assets.
8. Make suggestions as to how the service to customers can be improved.
9. Commit to continuous improvement and development of knowledge and skills through performance development and review processes, and various learning and development initiatives (on-line courses etc.)
This is not an exhaustive list of duties. The Company reserves the right to require employees to perform other duties as the roles evolves, and as required for the efficient functioning of the team.
Maintain awareness of, and comply with, the company’s Environmental, H&S management systems; including policy and procedures, and individual responsibilities.
Ensure the accurate reporting of any work related accidents, dangerous occurrences, ill health or near miss incidents in line with Policy.
Report any known or suspected defects or failings in the OH&S Management System without delay.
Responsible for your own safety, as well as the safety of others.
- Person Specification
Excellent communication skills
Proficient in the use of IT systems
Self-motivated but can equally function as part of a team
Solution focused approach to problem solving, driven to deliver high quality customer service
Excellent time management skills, working to deadlines and possessing the ability to prioritise tasks and objectives
Able to prioritise tasks and objectives with a flexible approach where required
Personal integrity and a able to gain the trust of peers and colleagues
Display constructive behaviors that align with Energy Assets values and culture
English and Maths GCSE grade A-C/9-4 preferred but not essential
Full-time employment will be offered on successful completion of the Apprenticeship
Things to consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
The wage listed in this advert is the starting salary, there will be opportunities for an increase in wage.
- Other Information
Can you travel to this location? The company are based in Darwen.
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Apprenticeship Level 2 in Business Administration, Functional Skills Level 1/2 in English, Maths and ICT if required
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!