Ref. 109 - Business Admin Apprentice in the Client Care Dept. at AMT Lawyers based in Blackburn
- Job Description
As a highly regarded full service law firm, our objective is to deliver clear legal solutions which precisely match the needs of the client and their business.
Our ability to unravel complex problems with strong emphasis on communication is fundamental to our service.
Since our formation in 2010, we have expanded the range of services we offer, allowing us to use our knowledge and experience various different industries.
A brilliant Apprenticeship opportunity has arisen within our Client Care Department at our Head Office in Blackburn. Candidates undergoing the Customer Service or Business Administration Course will be most suited for this exciting and diverse role.
The role will involve the business development, marketing and administration side of a Law firm.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills via telephone and in person. Furthermore, it will be important for the candidate to be organised and have the ability to multi-task various tasks at the same time.
We seek to employ an Apprentice which is committed, dedicated and consistent in all tasks set. Punctuality and attendance are also extremely important for this role as it requires a physical presence within the offices at all times due to the level of responsibility.
A non-exhaustive list of the tasks which will be included within this role have been listed below:
- Telephone calls to new and existing clients in regards to client care
- Marketing tasks such as visiting new and existing clients to build rapport
- Meeting business clients to build rapport and to ensure quality of service is achieved by all Departments within the firm
- Administration within the accounts department
- Monitoring business enquiries and aiming to achieve a set target of instructions
- Maintenance of the office in regards to office supplies
- Maintenance of the office in regards to Marketing supplies i.e. branded stationary, literature etc.
- Networking at various events throughout the year for e.g. Careers fairs, sponsored awards evenings, general conferences etc.
Problem Solving/Creativity/Maintaining standards
- Respond to issues requiring a good understanding of work-area policies and procedures
- Resolves complex problems in a thorough and timely manner; use discretion and know who to go to in order to resolve issues and complete tasks
- Take a moderate level of accountability in the delivery of services offered by AMT Lawyers
- Analyse and interpret a variety of situations and determine the most appropriate course of action
- Use appropriate tools available to undertake the task as efficiently as possible
- Use relevant information from various sources to solve problems that impact own work area
- Update manuals/procedures and provide training to paralegals where appropriate
- Prioritise work
- Work as part of a team understanding and focusing on how the role supports the team’s and department’s priorities
- Work with colleagues to co-ordinate, develop, improve and work to Lexcel standards.
Responsibility and Accountability
- Responsible for the receipt and acknowledgment of queries with appropriate tracking and response
- Responsible for prioritising work
- Responsible for supporting others
- Interpret and communicate established processes and procedures to a range of audiences
- Convey information/advice to others that can be complex in nature and oversee implementation of any action
- Share information, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner
- Tailor communication to different audiences and clients
- Obtain necessary level of information to inform decision making guided by general instructions and practices requiring interpretation
- Articulate when necessary how decisions have been reached
- Provide advice and feedback to support other’s decision making
- Automatically make decisions on routine issues
- Follow departmental procedures
- Exercise confidentiality in relation to personal and sensitive information based on AMT Lawyers policy and procedures
Knowledge and skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of own work area and how it impacts wider operations within AMT Lawyers
- Ability to use the appropriate system in place applicable in the service area with specific support and training
- Keep up to date with issues relating to the work of the team and department
- Proactively research information from a range of different sources, internally and externally to help inform own knowledge to benefit the work of the team
- Develop expertise in a range of areas and practice within the firm
- Personal Health and Safety in the workplace
- Understands the risks associated with the nature of the service you are supporting and identifies areas of concern, taking any initial remedial action and raising these appropriately with the head of department and partner.
Innovation and Flexibility:
- Ability to transfer skills to a range of service areas with specific support and knowledge available
- Ability to pick up variance in approaches within specific support and knowledge provided
- Ability to consider better ways of delivering support, communicating this as a proposed change
- Willingness to comply with the Solicitors Regulation Authority rules as well as the practice policies and procedures whilst maintaining flexibility in the work completed and personal mind set
- Person Specification
Excellent communication skills
Eagerness to learn and develop career
Committed and hardworking
Strong English and maths to a GCSE level or equivalent
Things to consider
To work positively and inclusively with colleagues and customers so that AMT Lawyers provide a quality service and additionally to deliver services that do not discriminate against people on the ground of their age, sexuality, religion or belief, race, gender or disabilities
To fulfil personal requirements, where appropriate, with regard to AMT Lawyers policies and procedures, health, safety and welfare, customer care, emergency, evacuation, security and promotion of the firm’s priorities. Maintaining and upholding the firm’s reputation whilst dealing with all aspects of the role
To work flexibly in the interests of the service. This may include undertaking other duties provided that these are appropriate to the employee’s background, skills and abilities. Where this occurs there will be consultation with the employee and any necessary personal development will be taken into account
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled, we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
The firm has opportunities of full-time employment once the apprenticeship course has been completed. This also involves progression within the firm
If the candidate is able to showcase the abilities mentioned above, the role will involve progression by the person obtaining more responsibility in maintenance and management of the firm in regards to Client Care, Marketing and Business Development. This will also be reflected financially via a salary increase
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Apprenticeship Level 2 in Business Administration, Functional Skills Level 1/2 in English, Maths and ICT if required
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!