Ref. 110 - Business Admin Apprentice in the Personal Injury Dept. at AMT Lawyers based in Blackburn
- Job Description
As a highly regarded full service law firm, our objective is to deliver clear legal solutions which precisely match the needs of the client and their business.
Our ability to unravel complex problems with strong emphasis on communication is fundamental to our service.
Since our formation in 2010, we have expanded the range of services we offer, allowing us to use our knowledge and experience various different industries.
A brilliant opportunity has arisen within our Personal Injury department. As a result of continued growth, we wish to recruit an apprentice for our Personal Injury department. This is a great opportunity to join a prestigious personal injury department which continues to grow despite the effects of the recent reforms to the personal injury law and market.
We seek general abilities that we believe play a vital role in the performance of assisting Paralegals and Solicitors. We will look for you to be a robust negotiator with excellent communication and time management skills whilst being totally customer focused throughout the entire claims process. It is preferred that you have the ability to be consistent and tenacious in your approach in dealing with a multitude of admin duties within this legal department.
You will report to the RTA Team Leader who will review your performance each month on a one-to-one basis. This provides a real opportunity to monitor and enhance your personal development and to organise your work load. For the right individual, this is also an opportunity to take on a more challenging role.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to be trained swiftly. Furthermore, the apprentice should also have the ability to take instructions, be organised and persevere through various administration tasks set by the Paralegals and Solicitors. In regards to progression for this role, the ideal candidate could move into a Paralegal role which will allow them to deal with their own cases within the Personal Injury Department.
Problem Solving/Creativity/Maintaining standards
- Respond to issues requiring a good understanding of work-area policies and procedures
- Resolves complex problems in a thorough and timely manner; use discretion and know who to go to in order to resolve issues and complete tasks
- Take a moderate level of accountability in the delivery of services offered by AMT Lawyers
- Analyse and interpret a variety of situations and determine the most appropriate course of action
- Use appropriate tools available to undertake the task as efficiently as possible
- Use relevant information from various sources to solve problems that impact own work area
- Update manuals/procedures and provide training to paralegals where appropriate
- Prioritise work
- Work as part of a team understanding and focusing on how the role supports the team’s and department’s priorities
- Work with colleagues to co-ordinate, develop, improve and work to Lexcel standards.
Responsibility and Accountability
- Responsible for the receipt and acknowledgment of queries with appropriate tracking and response
- Responsible for prioritising work
- Responsible for supporting others
- Interpret and communicate established processes and procedures to a range of audiences
- Convey information/advice to others that can be complex in nature and oversee implementation of any action
- Share information, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner
- Tailor communication to different audiences and clients
- Obtain necessary level of information to inform decision making guided by general instructions and practices requiring interpretation
- Articulate when necessary how decisions have been reached
- Provide advice and feedback to support other’s decision making
- Automatically make decisions on routine issues
- Follow departmental procedures
- Exercise confidentiality in relation to personal and sensitive information based on AMT Lawyers policy and procedures
Knowledge and skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of own work area and how it impacts wider operations within AMT Lawyers
- Ability to use the appropriate system in place applicable in the service area with specific support and training
- Keep up to date with issues relating to the work of the team and department
- Proactively research information from a range of different sources, internally and externally to help inform own knowledge to benefit the work of the team
- Develop expertise in a range of areas and practice within the firm
- Personal Health and Safety in the workplace
- Understands the risks associated with the nature of the service you are supporting and identifies areas of concern, taking any initial remedial action and raising these appropriately with the head of department and partner.
Innovation and Flexibility:
- Ability to transfer skills to a range of service areas with specific support and knowledge available
- Ability to pick up variance in approaches within specific support and knowledge provided
- Ability to consider better ways of delivering support, communicating this as a proposed change
- Willingness to comply with the Solicitors Regulation Authority rules as well as the practice policies and procedures whilst maintaining flexibility in the work completed and personal mind set
- Person Specification
Excellent communication skills
Eagerness to learn and develop career
Committed and hardworking
Strong English and maths to a GCSE level or equivalent
Things to consider
To work positively and inclusively with colleagues and customers so that AMT Lawyers provide a quality service and additionally to deliver services that do not discriminate against people on the ground of their age, sexuality, religion or belief, race, gender or disabilities
To fulfil personal requirements, where appropriate, with regard to AMT Lawyers policies and procedures, health, safety and welfare, customer care, emergency, evacuation, security and promotion of the firm’s priorities. Maintaining and upholding the firm’s reputation whilst dealing with all aspects of the role
To work flexibly in the interests of the service. This may include undertaking other duties provided that these are appropriate to the employee’s background, skills and abilities. Where this occurs there will be consultation with the employee and any necessary personal development will be taken into account
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled, we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
The firm has opportunities of full-time employment once the apprenticeship course has been completed. This also involves progression within the firm
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Apprenticeship Level 2 in Business Administration, Functional Skills Level 1/2 in English, Maths and ICT if required
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!