Ref. 132 - Apprentice Care Assistant at Longfield Residential Home based in Blackburn
- Job Description
We offer a variety of specialist and highly personalised types of care and support in our homes. We work closely with residents and their families to choose the appropriate level of care.
Dedicated staff ensure they provide care that is responsive to individual needs and preferences. Carers are always here to help and know more than just resident names and faces.
Longfield is a specialist dementia care home.
We take care of up to 24 residents, all of whom exhibit challenging behaviour. As an apprentice Care Assistant you will learn how to provide the best possible care for our residents.
You will learn to provide personal care, carry out activities to enhance their wellbeing, complete daily reports and liase with healthcare professionals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide a high standard of individualised care to each resident. Assist residents with all aspects of personal care, including washing, dressing, undressing, bathing, toileting, mobilising and feeding as required, whilst promoting independence at all times
- To ensure that you have an awareness of the care plans for each resident and that all care is given in accordance with these
- To assist in encouraging residents to participate in social events and activities
- To assist at mealtimes by serving meals and ensuring that the residents are consuming adequate and proper diets. Reporting to the nurse on duty any problems in this area
- Help to maintain high standards of hygiene where it directly involves the residents, their belongings and any equipment
- To be acquainted with the homes policies and procedures especially the ones that directly affect you, e.g. grievance, disciplinary and sickness procedures
- To treat with utmost confidentiality details of residents, colleagues and the home
- The candidate will be expected to work within the home to care for clients to include undertaking personal care, feeding, bathing etc.
- The candidate will be expected to work under pressure, be able to prioritise work load, work within a team and on their own
- Person Specification
Flexible and able to use own initiative
Can manage workload effectively
Punctual and excellent time management
Good organisational skills
Good at planning and delivering activities
All applicants will need to attend an initial assessment stage at Blackburn College before interviews will take place
Things to Consider
Shift and weekend work will be required.
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Level 2 18-24 months
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Adult Care Worker
Functional Skills in Maths and English Level 1, if required
Possibility of a permanent position on completion of NVQ, with opportunity to progress to NVQ level 3
The Apprenticeship team
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!