Ref. 132 - Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprentice at Little Tinkers Day Nursery based in Accrington
- Job Description
Main responsibilities: To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years. To ensure that the nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others. To developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child's development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To attend team meetings and imputing ideas
- Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- To provide adult interaction with children in the nursery
- To be aware of the nurseries confidentiality policy
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To attend ALL out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents’ evenings summer fair, Christmas party, etc
- To input and contribute to ideas regarding implementation of policies and procedures such as Early Years Foundation Stage
- Contribute to good standards of hygiene and cleanliness in Nursery
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the trainee's supervisor from time to time
- The trainee's duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the nursery's Equal Opportunities policy
- Look upon the nursery as a "whole" where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times.
- To be aware of all emergency and fire evacuation procedures
- To be aware of sections 7 & 8 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- To understand that as part of training you will be required to move to other parts of the nursery
- To be flexible in hours and duties in order to meet the needs and requirements of the nursery
- Person Specification
Good with children
Fun, happy, smiley
Caring and compassionate
English and Maths GCSE at grade A-C/9-4
Progression to the next level Apprenticeship/Working as a qualified practitioner.
Things to Consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled, we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Level 2 – 15 months
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
Potential progression once completed Apprenticeship
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!