Ref. 144 - Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprentice at Little Stars Nursery based in Helmshore
- Job Description
- To contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Nursery
- To give support to other personnel within the Nursery
- To implement the daily routine in the base room
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area, in conjunction with other staff
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- To attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parent's evenings, summer fayre, Christmas party, etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the Nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled
- Recording accidents in the accident book
- Look upon the Nursery as a "whole", where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children
- Ensure the child is collected by someone known to the Nursery
- Preparation and completion of activities to suite the child's stage of development
- To ensure mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing
- Washing and changing children as required
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
- To be aware of the high profile of the Nursery and to uphold its standards at all times
- Person Specification
Good with children
Fun, happy, smiley
Caring and compassionate
English and Maths GCSE at grade A-C/9-4 are preferred
Progression to the next level Apprenticeship/Working as a qualified practitioner.
Things to Consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled, we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Level 2 – 15 months
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
Potential progression once completed Apprenticeship
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!