Ref. 147 - Childcare Apprentice at Educare for Early Years based in Rawtenstall
- Job Description
The Rawtenstall Educare for Early Years Nursery was the second of our settings to open and was established in 1998. The purpose-built, single story setting can care for 95 children, from babies to pre-school. It is ideally located close to Rawtenstall town centre, with convenient links to the main motorways and surrounding towns.
Duties include providing high quality care and learning to babies and children in a friendly and welcoming environment whilst training towards an accredited childcare qualification.
Purpose of post
- To work towards an accredited childcare qualification in a real working environment
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in the nursery
- To give support to other team members throughout the nursery
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop.
- Work with and support children
- Work as part of a team
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with parents.
- To attend training as part of your training agreement
- To attend job specific training/meetings to help you develop and progress in you role
Duties and responsibilities
- Support a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members
- With support, keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, parent evenings, fundraising events etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the Managers and staff team to ensure that the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manager
- Look upon the nursery as a “whole”, where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children
- To respect the confidentiality of all information received.
Specific childcare tasks
- The preparation and implementation of activities to suit each individual child's stage of development and interests
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key person
- To ensure that meal times are a time of pleasant social interactions
- Washing and changing children as required
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Ensuring a poorly child is kept calm and warm and management is notified immediately
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times, both within work hours and outside.
- Person Specification
Communication skills — Listening, speaking and writing. Ability to communicate with others are saying and organize and express their thoughts clearly.
Teamwork — To be able to work well and cooperatively within a team
Entry to level 3 qualifications
GCSE Maths/English C or above/Functional Skills Level 2
Things to consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled, we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
You will need to be able to start work at 7:30am.
The company run an approved training centre and deliver CACHE qualification’s level 4 and level 5 which are offered as incentives.
There are opportunities within the company for progression and promotion.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Apprenticeship Level 2 Children and Young People's Workforce, Functional Skills Level 1 in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!