Ref. 159 - L3 Early Years Apprentice at Conkers Day Nursery based in Langho
- Job Description
At Conkers, high quality staff and the warm purpose built homely environment, help to provide the ideal situation for the care and development of children. This along with mature trees, garden and extensive play area surrounding the Nursery, provide the opportunity to experience the beauty of wildlife and the changing seasons.
Duties include providing high quality care and learning to babies and children in a friendly and welcoming environment whilst training towards an accredited childcare qualification.
Conkers Day Nursery is a large private nursery situated in the heart of the Ribble Valley.
We would like to give two people the opportunity to join our busy team while studying towards the Level 3 Early Years qualification.
The ideal candidate will gain experience in all areas of our nursery and will work as part of our large team to ensure that each child’s needs and learning are met. Candidates will have the opportunity to become a Keyperson.
The ideal candidate will receive on the job training and will have a mentor while attending college.
A full additional training package will be available for the successful applicant.
Purpose of post:
- To work towards an accredited childcare qualification in a real working environment
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in the nursery
- To give support to other team members throughout the nursery
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
- Work with and support children
- Work as part of a team
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with parents.
- To attend training as part of your training agreement
- To attend job specific training/meetings to help you develop and progress in you role
- Person Specification
An interest in Early Years.
Must be able to work as part of a large team.
Be enthusiastic and have a willingness to learn.
Ideally Maths and English at grade C or above however not essential as qualifications can be gained while training.
A Childcare-related qualification
Things to consider
Our location - Must be able to have access to a form of transport due to our location.
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled, we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
On successful completion of the Apprenticeship a full-time position maybe available.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Apprenticeship Level 3 Children and Young People's Workforce, Functional Skills Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!