Ref. 16 Apprentice Chef at Nabs Head Hotel in Nabs Head, Samlesbury
- Job Description
This job role is in a busy country pub in the picturesque hamlet of Samlesbury in a modern kitchen environment.
The apprentice chef will be trained alongside the chef on:
- How to use knives
- Work to multiple food checks
- Prepare dishes according to our menu
- Organise work area
- Work to Environmental Health and Safety standards
The ideal candidate should be able to work in a team, be flexible, use their own initiative and be proactive and confident in their approach to work.
- Person Specification
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to follow instructions
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Tidy appearance
- Team player
No formal qualifications required, however applicants will undertake a college initial assessment in Maths and English.
- Other Information
Progression onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery.
Things to consider
Evenings and weekends will be covered on a rota basis.
Training to be provided
- All aspects of City and Guilds NVQ Level 2 Professional Cookery or Level 2 Food Production and Cooking will be covered
- Functional skills will also be provided as required
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!