Ref. 20 Apprentice Chef at Marshmead Ltd in Haslingden
- Job Description
Title: Apprentice Cook
Accountable to: Cook and mentor
Reports to: Manager.
Main Purpose of this Post.
To work as part of the team with particular responsibility for the provision of an efficient catering operation.
Duties and Responsibilities.
1. Ensuring stock levels are checked regularly and maintained at levels that meet the requirements of the home, whilst not having excess.
2. Assisting the cook when planning the menu so that residents receive a choice of meal and have a balanced, nutritional diet.
3. Assisting with the preparation of nutritional food to a high standard taking into account any special dietary requirements.
4. Ensuring the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and that the hygiene levels of staff are maintained so as to prevent the contamination of food stuff and that the appropriate documentation is completed.
5. Assist the Cook by carrying out designated tasks promptly and efficiently.
7. To be acquainted with those policies and procedures that directly affect you especially the grievance, disciplinary and sickness procedures.
8. To treat with utmost confidentiality details of residents, colleagues and the home
Health & Safety:
1. Maintain a safe environment for residents and staff.
2. Ensure an understanding of the fire procedure.
3. Attend fire lectures annually.
4. To attend any training relevant to the position.
5. Report any accidents or hazards promptly.
6. Be prepared to provide written reports regarding complaints, incidents or accidents.
7. Follow the homes policy regarding the handling of waste and hazardous substances.
8. To use in a safe and proper manner any equipment within the home.
9. Report immediately any defect with equipment to the cook and in turn to the Nursing Services Manager.
This job description indicates the main functions and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended to be a complete list.
This job description will be amended as necessary in the event of future organisational or professional changes and / or personal development.
- Person Specification
Able to use own initiative and learn new skills effectively
Friendly, outgoing and dedicated. Take pride in appearance.
No Prior qualifications needed
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Intermediate Apprenticeship – Level 2 Professional Cookery
Minimum of 12 months, maximum of 15 months
Training to be Provided
All aspects of NVQ Level 2 Professional Cookery or Level 2 Food Production and Cooking.
Will be trained in the workplace and assessed either totally in the workplace or one day release at college.
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!