Ref. 22 Warehouse/Manufacturing Operative Apprentice at HMHA Ltd based in Accrington
- Job Description
Working in a fast paced manufacturing environment, the warehouse/manufacturing operative will encompass a range of varied duties and responsibilities as part of a hardworking, close knit team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The apprentice will be responsible for maintaining high production standards and carrying out quality checks at all stages. The successful candidate will have an understanding of good manufacturing practice and also have good English language/numerical skills, have a knack for solving problems and be a committed team player.
Some of the duties involved will be:
The prospective applicants will develop the following skills by the end of the year on this apprenticeship programme:
Warehouse inventory and stock control - Providing warehouse services by implementing existing processes eg.
- Familiarising with stock,
- Organising storage facilities,
- Using forklift and hand pump pallet (training will be provided) maintaining stock levels.
- Picking and Packing
- Daily checking the sales
- Print sales
- Picking item form shelves and packing
- Booking in collections with the courier and maintain general housekeeping.
- Person Specification
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear and concise written skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Willingness to be trained and developed
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Well presented, polite and well spoken
- Desirable would be GCSE Grade A* - C in maths and English Language (or equivalents)
- Functional skills at Level 1 or 2
Things to Consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing and Storage
Employer Rights and Responsibilities
English and Maths Functional Skills Level 1 (if needed)
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!