Ref. 29 L2 Apprentice Care Assistant at Longfield Residential Home based in Blackburn
- Job Description
The apprentice will be undertaking the personal care of dementia residents.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Longfield is a specialist dementia care home.
We take care of up to 24 residents, all of whom exhibit challenging behaviour.
As an apprentice Care Assistant you will learn how to provide the best possible care for our residents.
You will learn to provide personal care, carry out activities to enhance their wellbeing, complete daily reports and liase with healthcare professionals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide a high standard of individualised care to each resident. Assist residents with all aspects of personal care, including washing, dressing, undressing, bathing, toileting, mobilising and feeding as required, whilst promoting independence at all times
- To ensure that you have an awareness of the care plans for each resident and that all care is given in accordance with these
- To assist in encouraging residents to participate in social events and activities
- To assist at mealtimes by serving meals and ensuring that the residents are consuming adequate and proper diets. Reporting to the nurse on duty any problems in this area
- Help to maintain high standards of hygiene where it directly involves the residents, their belongings and any equipment
- To participate in meetings with residents and staff, thus helping to maintain satisfactory relationships and communications
- Assist the nurse on duty by carrying out designated tasks promptly and efficiently
- To be acquainted with the homes policies and procedures especially the ones that directly affect you, e.g. grievance, disciplinary and sickness procedures
- To treat with utmost confidentiality details of residents, colleagues and the home
- To assist in the promotion of the home, and help to raise the profile of the home with other health care professionals and the general public
- The candidate will be expected to work within the home to care for clients to include undertaking personal care, feeding, bathing etc.
- The candidate will be expected to work under the supervision of senior care assistant
- The candidate will be expected to work under pressure, be able to prioritise work load, work within a team and on their own
- Candidates will be responsible and accountable for their own actions
- Person Specification
Caring, compassionate, confident
A caring nature is desired
Non-specific, however basic English is sufficient
Shift and weekend work
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
Possibility of a permanent position on completion of NVQ, with opportunity to progress to NVQ level 3.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Adult Care Worker qualification
Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
Possible full time employment
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!