Ref. 409 - Level 4 Procurement Customer Service Apprentice at Inspired Energy Solution based in Kirkham, nr Preston
- Job Description
Established in 2000, Inspired Energy has grown to become one of the largest energy consultancies in the UK, and is now part of a group of companies within Inspired Energy plc.
Purpose of Role:
- To provide timely, focused and professional advice and support ensuring our customers and suppliers have the information required to enable them to deliver their energy and carbon reduction ambitions appropriately
- To contribute to the development of further competition processes that ensure we and our customers execute further competitions lawfully and compliantly and without legal challenge
- This is a rewarding role that sees real results helping new and returning customers with their energy and budget management requirements
- To support the Customer Account Management function within the Public Services team. The focus is to ensure procurement processes operate smoothly and compliantly to deliver a high-quality customer service experience
- To work closely alongside the customer account management team to deliver support and advice to customers on energy procurement, energy efficiency and sustainability matters and provide a responsive, pro-active energy management and procurement service
- To help ensure that the function operates consistently and effectively in the implementation and application of all team and legislative procedures and policies
- To support efficient and accurate further competition administration processes and supply chain management including advertisements, document checks (such as insurance etc), evaluation, clarification questions and pricing support on behalf of customers
- Manage Further Competition priorities, co-ordinating workloads in line with other activities and priorities in the Public Services team
- To liaise with customers and suppliers about matters pertaining to utilities and energy reduction technology procurement processes, highlighting any risks to the account management team immediately
- To take an active role in Inspired public procurement processes and portal administration and helping customers and suppliers to access the e-procurement portal (mytenders) as required
- To upload and update information in our Customer Relationship Management software (Sugar), providing reports and information when requested and assisting the customer account managers with data analysis
- To help make sure the Inspired customer service is fit for purpose and provides quality support, ensuring that any billable works are highlighted to the Director in a timely manner
- To keep up to date with information and development opportunities appropriate to the role and function in energy procurement, maintaining high standards of professional service
- Ensuring services are delivered in line with relevant legislation and Inspired policies including those relating to Equality and Diversity, Customer Service and Health and Safety
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post
- Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties
- Person Specification
An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel essential)
Experience working in a customer-focussed environment
Experience providing advice and information to customers and prospects on complex matters
Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) software, ideally Sugar CRM
Experience in the utilities industry
Experience in public sector procurement (OJEU)
Things to Consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled, we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies
The successful apprentice will be working 4 days a week within the company and be required to attend Blackburn College 1 day a week to complete the Apprenticeship training
Interest in and willingness to learn about energy procurement, resource efficiency and sustainability.
5x A*-C/9-4 GCSE's (must include English & Maths)
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Level 4 – 18 to 24 months
Training to be Provided
Level 4 Diploma in Procurement & Supply with the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS).
Professional qualifications for people working in purchasing are obtained through the examinations of The Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS).
This is an entry-level supporting role in a team where every member has a contribution to make to help the department be successful in meeting its objectives. The post holder will be expected to do their job efficiently and contribute to the continuous improvement culture and values of Inspired Energy Public Services. In return, the right candidate can look forward to a varied and dynamic role in rapidly evolving sector with plenty of opportunity to develop skills in procurement, energy management and sustainability.
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!