Ref. 76 - Level 2/3 Sous Chef Apprentice at Lower Buck Inn based in Waddington, Clitheroe
- Job Description
Working as part of a team, you will assist the head chef in our kitchen with all aspects of preperation and service. Main duties include working alongside Chef/s learning practical cookery/food preparation skills, and being able to carry out the service independantly at times.
We are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic, hardworking Chef to join our busy kitchen.
The successful candidates will have the ambition and desire to succeed in this fast paced environment whilst willing to learn and improve their own skill set from our experienced team.
Main duties include:
- Working alongside Chef’s learning practical cookery/food preparation skills
- Work using safe and hygienic working practices
- The Apprentice chef will be trained how to use knives, work to multiple food checks, prepare dishes according to our menu, organisation of work area, work to Environmental Health and Safety standards
- The ideal candidate should be able to work in a team, use their own initiative and be proactive and confident in their approach to work.
- Person Specification
- Must want to develop a career as a chef
- Be able to maintain clean working areas and follow Health and Safety best practice
- Must have a passion for cooking
- Be enthusiastic, willing to learn
- Have a can do attitude, team player
- Must thrive in a pressurised environment whilst being able to work efficiently and calmly whilst at the same time promoting good working relations in the Kitchen
Maths and English GCSE A*-C or equivalent qualifications preferred but must have the ability to undertake an initial assessment at the college.
Things to Consider
Local transport timetables are not always conducive to the shift patterns and so the successful candidate will need access to private transport.
We can offer;
- Great working conditions
- Holidays per year
- A competitive salary
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Intermediate Apprenticeship – Level 2/3 Professional Cookery
Minimum of 12 months, maximum of 15 months
Training to be Provided
All aspects of NVQ Level 2/3 Professional Cookery or Level 2/3 Food Production and Cooking.
Will be trained in the workplace and assessed either totally in the workplace or one day release at college.
To develop and grow with this company, could lead to pay increase and promotion
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!