Ref. 78 - Level 2 Apprentice Mechanic at Station Garage based in Blackburn
- Job Description
Company BioLocated in Feniscowles, Blackburn, Station Garage houses many quality used cars.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual who is looking to progress their career within a motor environment in an apprentice capacity. You must be driven, confident, with the desire and ability to work to and achieve targets and objectives.
To undertake all college and company training and development to successfully complete the chosen Apprentice Scheme to expected and agreed standards.
To undertake all training & development in pursuit of becoming a qualified Service Technician.
Accurately and skilfully undertake the repair and servicing of motor vehicles under line manager supervision and direction, whilst detecting and diagnosing any additional faults for further repair ensuring all work is completed safely and to the customer’s complete satisfaction.
Main duties for this technician vacancy include the following:
- To assist in the workshop and MOT bays
- To diagnose, repair and service all varieties of petrol and diesel vehicles
- To order parts from suppliers, to keep the workshop clean and tidy
- Marking out and measuring using basic hand tools
- Bumper to bumper overview, service and inspection
- Body materials and construction
- Engine mechanical
- Cooling and lubrication, air and exhaust
- Ignition petrol fuel, CI fuels
- Braking systems, suspension, steering, wheels and tyres
- Charging and starter, electrical auxiliaries, lighting
- Clutches, manual/auto gearboxes, drivelines
- Person Specification
Good communication skills with others
- A keen interest in cars
- A willingness to learn new skills
Maths & English Language 9-4 / A*C GCSE’s or equivalent.
Also a Maintenance and Repair Level 1 qualification and experience would be preferred.
Things to Consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
The wage is negotiable.
Full-time employment is available on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
18 - 24 months
Training to be Provided
Apprenticeship Level 2 in Maintenance and Repair Competence, Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths if required
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!