Ref. 86 - Warehouse Apprentice at Energy Assets based in Darwen
- Job Description
During your apprenticeship you will work towards your qualification, whilst being able to apply your learning to the real life business environment. In turn, you will receive first class training, excellent conditions and experience of working with one of Darwen’s leading employers.
Duties and Responsibilities
The apprentice will perform an array of functions that may include;
- Receiving and processing incoming stock and materials,
- Picking and filling orders from stock,
- Packing and shipping orders,
- Managing, organising and retrieving stock in the warehouse,
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working area/environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in stock/equipment/products
- Locate and transport assets within the warehouse.
- Maintain inventories, material receipt and dispatch within the required deadlines
- Maintaining a safe and tidy facility with all items situated within the correct locations
- Arrange onward transportation of assets to manufacturers, service providers, recyclers, as appropriate.
- Maintain inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed manually/electronically May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Undertake visual examination of meters and installation kit to determine condition, and identify optimum course of action for dealing with removed assets.
- Record and communicate results of visual examinations in the required format, sometimes carrying out basic mechanical works.
- Work within operating procedures/standards for the stores.
- Compares information on documentation to shipments received or issued to verify accuracy of order; completes requisitions, inventory or invoices and other documentations related to the delivery or shipment.
- To carry out any reasonable task within your capabilities as instructed by your Manager.
- Prepare parcels for mailing/shipping.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Person Specification
Good understanding of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Things to Consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
At times this will be a physically demanding role, involving Manual Handling – Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling etc.
Full-time employment will be available on successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing and Storage
Employer Rights and Responsibilities
English and Maths Functional Skills Level 1 (if needed)
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!