Ref. 98 - Business Administration Apprentice at Intack Primary School based in Blackburn
- Job Description
Intack Primary is a community primary school, with a mix of children from different backgrounds and cultures, serving the Whitebirk area of Blackburn. We currently have 335 children on roll and a 26 FTE place Nursery Class.
Our school is very welcoming, we believe children come first and we are dedicated to child centred education. Our school motto is 'Proud to Belong' and we try to ensure every child and Parent does.
Our school is bright and well equipped. Our teachers are passionate about children achieving their best and fulfilling their potential. We aim to provide happy 'primary' years and prepare our children for the next stage in their education journey. We welcome visitors, encourage Parents and aim to be a central part of the community.
To contribute to the development of a strong, effective school with an emphasis on promoting a culture of educational excellence, within a caring and secure environment.
The apprentice will be working in the school office, duties will include;
- Reception duties
- Answering the telephone and helping deal with enquiries or passing to the relevant staff
- Respond to staff, pupils, parent and other stakeholder queries in a timely and professional manner
- Assisting staff with finance tasks
- Provide a responsive and effective reprographics service for the school
- Sort and distribute mail and correspondence to and from staff in a timely manner
- Photocopying/filing etc
- Assisting all departments when needed
- Participate in training and professional development opportunities as required to fulfil role
- Work within school policies and procedures
- Contribute to the provision of an effective environment for learning
- Support the promotion of positive relationships for parents and outside agencies
- Attend skill training and participate in personal/performance development as required
- Take care of own and other people’s health and safety
- Be aware of the confidential nature of issues
- Person Specification
Ability to use MS Office software packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook
Ability to prioritise work efficiently
Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, staff, parents and members of the community
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong organisational skills
Be able to use initiative
Smartly and appropriately dressed
Approachable to staff and students
GCSE A-C English and Maths
Things to consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
Possibility of full-time employment once apprenticeship is complete
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Apprenticeship Level 2 Business Administration, Functional Skills Level 1 in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!