Ref. 99 - Childcare Apprentice at Intack Primary School based in Blackburn
- Job Description
Intack Primary is a community primary school, with a mix of children from different backgrounds and cultures, serving the Whitebirk area of Blackburn. We currently have 335 children on roll and a 26 FTE place Nursery Class.
Our school is very welcoming, we believe children come first and we are dedicated to child centred education. Our school motto is 'Proud to Belong' and we try to ensure every child and Parent does.
Our school is bright and well equipped. Our teachers are passionate about children achieving their best and fulfilling their potential. We aim to provide happy 'primary' years and prepare our children for the next stage in their education journey. We welcome visitors, encourage Parents and aim to be a central part of the community.
Level 2 Childcare Apprentice required to work alongside our experienced team gaining experience and knowledge in the field of child education.
- Working with children
- Team work with staff
- Liaise with parent/carers
- Assist management when required
Main duties of the role:
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff
- Work with parents/carers of children to give full integration into the setting
- Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To understand and respect the need for consistency of care for the children – report for duty on time, maintain regular attendance, give appropriate notice of holiday requests and report non-attendance through sickness following our policies and procedures
- To ensure clean and hygienic standards are maintained at all times. This includes daily cleaning rotas, nappy changing and other nursery/housekeeping duties
- To be flexible with the working practices of the setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking domestic jobs within the setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleaning of equipment
- Recording accidents, following procedure for the setting
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- To take responsibility for continued professional development by attending courses (in-house and external) receiving constructive feedback and reading relevant material
- To actively promote the safeguarding of children and young people in the setting ensuring policies and procedures are observed at all times
- Person Specification
Have good writing skills
Strong organisation skills
Dress code and personal conduct to present a clean and smart appearance at all times
GCSE A-C English and Maths desirable
Things to consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
Possibility of full-time employment once apprenticeship is complete
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Apprenticeship Level 2 Children and Young People's Workforce, Functional Skills Level 1 in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!