SF-11 Textiles Apprentice at Curtains Made by Lynn Lloyd in Manchester
- Job Description
Roles and Responsibilities:
- making all or part of blinds, curtains and all other associated soft furnishing.
- following instructions for each sewing job.
- using a range of machine programs and machines, such as overlockers, hemmers and bar tackers, to carry out a range of tasks and produce different finishes.
- guiding the material through the machine, correcting any mistakes as you go.
- altering machine settings to suit the type of material and finish required.
- checking that a finished article matches the pattern instructions.
- oiling and cleaning your machine.
- working with designers and pattern cutters to make up samples of new styles for buyers.
Other duties within capability as assigned by line manager
- Person Specification
Have a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
Have the ability to switch from one order to another quickly and efficiently.
Some experience or a passion for sewing.
Be hardworking & reliable.
The appointment will be subject to applicants passing an initial assessment through Blackburn College.
Things to Consider
Travel will be provided to and from Wigan.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Certificate in Textiles Production
Level 2 Certificate in Manufacturing Sewn Products
Level 1 in Functional Skills
Permanent positions offered to the right candidate.
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!